I had the opportunity to chat all things marketing with Casey Cheshire, founder of Cheshire Impact, and host of The Hard Corps Marketing Show. We took a deep dive into discussing building your marketing team and why it’s so important to success–even outside of the marketing team.
Podcast Key Takeaways:
- Diversify your skills and create a team that has a wide range of thinking. This will help get a well-rounded team with different viewpoints.
- Communication across the company needs to be tailored to each department. Bring them up-to-date, take away the jargon, and speak in their language.
- #1 Tip for maximizing marketing automation: Have great, passionate people. It takes a special type of person to love marketing automation and take it to the next level.
- Career advice: Eventually you will grow into yourself. It is ok to not know what you want to do right out of the get-go.
Busted Myth: A marketing team is able to handle all different facets of marketing, but that does not mean every person has every skill and talent. How do you structure your marketing team to handle every side of marketing and also have great communication internally?
Ways to Tune In:
- The Hard Corps Marketing Show Website: https://www.hardcorpsmarketing.com/e/building-your-marketing-team-lori-trzcinski-hard-corps-marketing-show-207/
- iTunes – https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show/id1338838763
- Spotify – https://open.spotify.com/show/1vVLpNI1LssMTiL6Kdsamn
- Stitcher – https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show
- Google Play – https://play.google.com/music/m/Im7mytmu2wa2mekhoeixlja5hpe?t=The_Hard_Corps_Marketing_Show
- YouTube – Full video – https://youtu.be/gguOfFDbsBQ